Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for
Professional Executives (Legal Support)
The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Professional Executives (Legal Support) is an initiative by Workforce Singapore (WSG) which provides Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) the opportunity to be re-skilled and take on new careers as Paralegals and Legal Secretaries in the legal sector.
The programme is administered by Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and training is provided by the Law Society of Singapore.
It will be conducted on a Place-and-Train mode where the PMETs are hired by law firms and undergo training to equip themselves with new skills for the new job roles.
The duration of the PCP is three months, comprising structured classroom training, e-learning as well as On-the-Job-Training (OJT).
How does PCP benefit you?
Facilitate recruitment of PMETs seeking a career change to meet employers’ manpower needs
Support mid-career PMETs to reskill and take on new job roles
Leverage on structured industry-recognised training for new PCP hires
Receive Government funding through Course Fee Grant and Salary Support for new hires
How does PCP work?
Open to all PMET job seekers who have no prior experience as legal support staff
Law firm to hire and offer a full-time job role of at least a 12-month employment contract with a monthly gross salary of $2,500 and above
PCP trainee needs to attend Legal Support training (classroom and e-learning) developed by the Law Society of Singapore
Hiring law firm to provide a 3-month structured training plan for the new hire inclusive of classroom training, e-learning and on-the-job training
- Must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service for at least 2 years
- Employed in the current company for not more than 1 month at the time of application
- Must not have related work experience of current job role in previous employment
Hiring Law Firm*
- Must be registered or incorporated in Singapore (with a UEN registered with ACRA)
- Offers a full-time PMET position of at least a 12-month employment contact with a monthly gross salary of $2,500 and above
- Must be able to provide a structured training plan and a supervisor to guide the new hire
*This PCP is not open to employees of the Singapore Government and related agencies or organisations.
- Certificate in Legal Secretariat Skills
- Certificate in Paralegal Skills (jointly offered by Temasek Polytechnic)**
All participants of this PCP programme are expected to undertake common modules before embarking on one of the two tracks. All participants are expected to undertake ALL required modules and achieve at least 90% attendance for ALL face-to-face components with successful completion of ALL assessment requirements (where applicable).
Funding Support & Requirements
The PCP employer will receive the following funding support upon the fulfillment of the corresponding requirements (for individuals hired between 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021):
|Standard Rate||Enhanced Rate|
|Up to 35%* of monthly salary (capped at $2,000 per month during training and retention period)||Up to 45%* of monthly salary (capped at $3,000 per month during training and retention period)|
Course Fee Subsidy
|Standard Rate||Enhanced Rate|
|Up to 70% course fee funding||Up to 90%** course fee funding for SCs/SPRs trainees sponsored by SMEs or SC trainees aged 40 and above|
*Eligible law firms will automatically receive an additional salary support of up to 25% or 50% under the Jobs Growth Incentive (JGI).
**Eligible law firms can claim 20% of the course fee from the SkillsConnect Portal
- Law firms are required to apply for the training grant no later than 30 days after the course start date
- Claims for training must be submitted no later than 120 days after the course end date