Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for
Professional Executives (Legal Support)
The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Professional Executives (Legal Support) is an initiative by Workforce Singapore (WSG) which provides Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) the opportunity to be re-skilled and take on new careers as Paralegals and Legal Secretaries in the legal sector.
The programme is administered by Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and training is provided by the Law Society of Singapore.
It will be conducted on a Place-and-Train mode where the PMETs are hired by law firms and undergo training to equip themselves with new skills for the new job roles.
The duration of the PCP is three months, comprising structured classroom training, e-learning as well as On-the-Job-Training (OJT).
Application for this programme will end on 31 May 2020.
How does PCP benefit you?
Facilitate recruitment of PMETs seeking a career change to meet employers’ manpower needs
Support mid-career PMETs to reskill and take on new job roles
Leverage on structured industry-recognised training for new PCP hires
Receive Government funding through Course Fee Grant and Salary Support for new hires
How does PCP work?
Open to all PMET job seekers who have no prior experience as legal support staff
Law firm to hire and offer a full-time job role of at least a 12-month employment contract with a monthly gross salary of $2,500 and above
PCP trainee needs to attend Legal Support training (classroom and e-learning) developed by the Law Society of Singapore
Hiring law firm to provide a 3-month structured training plan for the new hire inclusive of classroom training, e-learning and on-the-job training
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Employed in the current company for not more than 1 month at the time of application
- Have prior work experience in PMET role(s) for at least 2 years
- Must not have related work experience of current job role in previous employment
Hiring Law Firm*
- Must be registered or incorporated in Singapore (with a UEN registered with ACRA)
- Offers a full-time PMET position of at least a 12-month employment contact with a monthly gross salary of $2,500 and above
- Must be able to provide a structured training plan and a supervisor to guide the new hire
*This PCP is not open to employees of the Singapore Government and related agencies or organisations.
- Certificate in Legal Secretariat Skills
- Certificate in Paralegal Skills (jointly offered by Temasek Polytechnic)**
All participants of this PCP programme are expected to undertake common modules before embarking on one of the two tracks. All participants are expected to undertake ALL required modules and achieve at least 90% attendance for ALL face-to-face components with successful completion of ALL assessment requirements (where applicable).